Equine Supported Learning
Equine Supported Learning (ESL) operates out of Burringbar in the Northern NSW hinterland. Together with a herd of 5 horses we provide opportunities for personal development and professional development for children/adolescents, individuals and groups. It is a safe, non-judgmental space where clients can experiment with new ways of being in the world and develop new life-skills.
In an ESL session a practitioner may offer a variety of individual and group experiments. Equine assisted learning experiments are unique for each person depending on their particular needs. The experiential focus may be on team building, leadership development, personal growth, or child and adolescent learning.
Horses live in the present moment. They are emotionally congruent and authentic and can teach us much about ourselves, and ourselves in relationship to others.
Horses have a strong sense of belonging and live in constant connection with each other. They remind us of the interconnectedness of all things.
Horses have an instinctual and intuitive nature and can help us re-connect with our own instincts, feelings and intuition. They sense and respond to thoughts as much as feelings and can remind us of the power of our thoughts and how they create our experience.
Supervised experiences with horses support clients to work toward
• reduced anxiety and improved self-confidence
• an increased awareness of patterns that are no longer helpful
• an increased awareness of self in relationship to others and to the world around us
• further developing social and emotional skills
• becoming more present and grounded
• clear and healthy boundaries
• improved capacity to make appropriate choices
• building resilience and resources for self-support in an ever changing world
• deepening our connection with the wisdom inherent in the natural world
Find us on the far north coast of NSW just outside the small village of Burringbar, 30 mins from Byron Bay and 40 mins from the Gold Coast airport .
The venue is surrounded by abundant natural beauty and wildlife. Birds, platypus, koalas, lizards, frogs, butterflies and many other species inhabit the property.
The beautiful environment and surroundings support and nourish clients and offer an opportunity to reconnect with the natural world and with our deepest sense of self.